B.O.M. Meeting 10th of June 2019
- Classes for 2019/2020
JI & SI – Ruth O’Dwyer
1st– Mary Hurley
2nd – Ciara O’Dwyer
3rd& 4th – Ciara Lanigan
5th& 6th – David O’Dwyer
Special Ed. 1 – Ciara Ryan
Special Ed. 2 – Job Share Sarah Kelly and Ann Marie Cullen
- New PE/Sports Plan to be implemented from September 2019
- GNS are re- engaging with School Self Evaluation and the focus for September 2019 will be on Science.
- Gortnahoe NS Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed by the staff, parents and Board of Management in September 2019.
- Scholastic Book Fair -the school will received 1213.17 in the value of books from the fair.
- Well done to Múinteoir Mary, the Student Council and Green School Committee on receving our Green Schools Flag for Litter and Waste.
B.O.M. Meeting 20th of March 2019
- The school has received emergency works funding for a new toilet.
- Well done to Ciara Lanigan who won an award with Children’s Books Ireland for the school.
B.O.M. Meeting 5th of February 2019
- Enrolment Application Forms are currently distributed and are to be returned to the school by February 28th, 2019.
- The next B.O.M meeting is on the 20th of March and after this meeting anyone who sent in an application form will be informed of the board’s decision.
- Teaching Practice Students in Gortnahoe NS for Term 2 – 3
- The B.O.M has contacted the council to highlight our safety concerns regarding the front entrance at the school.
- Congratulations to our U11 quiz team who finished second in the Credit Union Quiz
- Well done to our Student Council on their Cake Sale at Christmas, which raised 965 and for their generosity in donating half of the money raised to Crumlin Children’s Hospital.