Board of Management Meeting 12th of December 2022 Agreed Reporting
- Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment and Checklist completed by BOM
- Admission Policy Update as per circular 0075/2022
Board of Management Meeting 27th of April 2022 Agreed Reporting
- School Tracksuit/ Uniform Voting 85% to 15% in favour of change.
- Gortnahoe NS has received DEIS status.
- Gortnahoe NS CCTV Policy has been ratified by the Board of Management.
Board of Management Meeting 16th of February 2022 Agreed Reporting
- BOM will send a survey to all parents with the option of a new tracksuit 5 days a week versus our current uniform/ tracksuit.
- School Audited Accounts Report for Parents to be displayed on the school website.
- Covid Inspection and Child Safeguarding Level 1 Inspection completed successfully with the DE Inspectorate.
- Swimming, Cross Country and Cumann na mBunscoil competitions to return.
Board of Management Meeting 6th of October 2021 Agreed Reporting
- 0.75 SNA allocation to Gortnahoe NS following an Exceptional Review
- Work hoped to commence in the near future on roof repairs.
- Well done to all children who received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion and Confirmation and thanks to the teachers for their work in preparing the children.
- Thanks to Mary Gallagher Cooke is now retired from Gortnahoe NS for all of her hard work and dedication during her time in Gortnahoe.
- Ciara O’Dwyer is now a permanent member of staff.
- Attendance Rate for 2020/2021 was 95.5 percent.
Notification regarding the Board of Management’s review of the Child Safeguarding Statement
The Board of Management of Gortnahoe N.S. wishes to inform you that:
• The Board of Management’s annual review of the school’s Child Safeguarding Statement was completed at the Board meeting of Gortnahoe NS on 06/10/2021
• This review was conducted in accordance with the “Checklist for Review of the Child Safeguarding Statement” published on the Department’s ‘website www.education.ie
An updated version including the
- Child Safeguarding Statement
- Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment
- Checklist for Review
- BOM Notification Regarding Review of Child Safeguarding Statement
is now available on the school website www.gortnahoens.ie under the Policies section.