B.O.M. Meeting 20th of March 2019
- The school has received emergency works funding for a new toilet.
- Well done to Ciara Lanigan who won an award with Children’s Books Ireland for the school.
B.O.M. Meeting 5th of February 2019
- Enrolment Application Forms are currently distributed and are to be returned to the school by February 28th, 2019.
- The next B.O.M meeting is on the 20th of March and after this meeting anyone who sent in an application form will be informed of the board’s decision.
- Teaching Practice Students in Gortnahoe NS for Term 2 – 3
- The B.O.M has contacted the council to highlight our safety concerns regarding the front entrance at the school.
- Congratulations to our U11 quiz team who finished second in the Credit Union Quiz
- Well done to our Student Council on their Cake Sale at Christmas, which raised 965 and for their generosity in donating half of the money raised to Crumlin Children’s Hospital.
B.O.M. Meeting 12th of December 2018
- The B.O.M. recommended for the continued use of the school hall as a polling station for voting.
- Confirmation Date – 5th of March
- First Holy Communion – 18th of May
- Enrolment Application forms will be distributed from the second week in January.
- IZAK 9 Maths resource purchased and thanks to our Parent Association for a contribution of €500 towards the purchase of this.
- Green Schools Committee are doing great work with Múinteoir Mary and new bin system in place throughout the school.
- There will be a school closure for the children on the 31st of January 2019 as per D.E.S. circular 39/18 to facilitate teacher planning with the new primary language curriculum.
- Grandparent’s Day will be on the 1st of February in the school hall.
B.O.M. Meeting 20th of September 2018
- Mary Kate Mac Gabhann has been appointed to teach Junior Infants to cover Múinteoir Ruth O’Dwyer
- Ruth O’Dwyer is the new AP II Post holder and Múinteoir Mary Hurley will act up in this position while Ruth’s on maternity leave.
- I Pads are to be ordered from Wriggle.
B.O.M. Meeting 12th of April 2018
- Part-Time Secretary Position for aprx. 10 hours per week will be advertised in the Tipperary Star.
- Múinteoir Therese will be retiring at the end of this school year.
- Staff have undertaken child protection training.
- Child Safeguarding Statement Ratified.
- 17 new entrants for September 2018.
B.O.M. Meeting 8th of February, 2018
- Ciara Lanigan was appointed to an APII post following interview and ratification by the Board of Management. Ciara now forms part of the in-school-management team with the Principal and Deputy Principal.